Total Pageviews

Friday 12 April 2013

Last day ashore.

Well you would think that we would be taking it easy and relishing the delights of everything on tap in the comfort of our home. Unfortunately life isn't like that and I don't think we will be very early to bed tonight! I would never have thought how difficult it is to decide what clothes to take!! Especially for Helen. I thought that it would be easy for me as I am used to packing but when you have to contend with the vagaries of the English weather rather than just the tropics it becomes much more difficult. You develop the mentality of an expedition that you have to take everything you need. I have to keep remembering that I will be coming home fairly regularly, and that there are shops around the system to buy items if required.

The other thing I have to do is get the garden ready to be left. The weather has been so bad that I haven't really got in there until this last week. I have spent the morning fixing my Mum's letter box and painting her porch and then weeding and digging over the flower beds at home. I cut the grass last night. I will have to start cleaning round the house and get something ready to eat for tea this afternoon. I can't believe that I haven't been home for a month yet!

We have most things ready to load and just the clothes to sort out. There are list to write for people and all the other little jobs so making it a long night for us. It will all be worth it tomorrow hopefully. I have my fingers crossed that when we empty the bus into the boat it isn't raining as it is a fair walk from the car park to the berth. I'm sure it will all turn out fine in the end, fingers crossed.

Helen at the helm on the Grand Union in January.


Tony at Braunston in January.

Hopefully there will be more photos, and more sun!

No comments: