Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Busy doing nothing.

Another day that soon got so warm that my plans for exploring the area by foot were put on hold. I spent most of the day reading in the sun and when I need a bit of shade going in the boat and doing a jigsaw. Oh and I gave my elder flower cordial mix a stir. By mid afternoon I had finished my book, 'Look Back in Hunger' by Jo Brand, the stand up comic. It finished as she made it on the comedy circuit. It made me think that you should never make assumptions about people as they all have a history that is nothing like how you know them in the present. This is doubly so for OAP's who have lived through a war and had a life. And it is n't that long until I will be there myself I suppose.


By the end of the day I had finished the 1000 piece jigsaw. I only had the sky to do and I hate that bit usually but they are addictive when they are just laying there unfinished. And I wanted to get it packed up before Helen gets back.


Macy usually loves the heat but it appears it was a bit too much even for her today as she found the coolest spot with a bit of a breeze and lay there all day.


This is the view from the tow path by the boat. They are a fit lot here as the path is almost permanently busy with people, especially in the evening when it is cooler. Macy keeps out of the way until much later and then has a poke about.


Sunset yesterday




















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the jigsaw.

Ann

NB Holderness said...

We will be dropping it off at a charity shop sometime and getting another so as to always have one on standby. They always come in handy when it is bad weather.