Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 October 2013

Welcome home 'do'.

The morning was taken up with cooking and cleaning and getting ready for a 'bit of a do'. I cut the grass as the garden always looks better then and got the outside ready for action in case it was warm enough to be outside. The girls set too with the baking as it is supposed to be a bring a cake do. My son wisely saw that discretion was the better part of valour and left for Manchester. Mind you due to engineering works near Selby it takes a bus from Hull to Leeds to catch the train to Manchester where he is visiting a friend. Actually he had been booked to go weeks ago.


The garden deck area ready for action.

It is great to see Amy's friends here. Some are from University, some from college and some from school and they are a good bunch of mates. It is funny how, despite 16 months away, it feels like she has never been gone after only a week back.


Cake, chatter and chums.

I must say that I am looking forward to getting back to the boat though as I am missing the constant changes. This week at home has brought it home to me how much I will have to find things to do to ensure that I don't get bored over winter. We should be back in Droysden tomorrow.

No comments: