Total Pageviews

Saturday 19 July 2014

Back on the road.

I finished off the last bit of cleaning, filled with water, between the showers, and dumped the rubbish. Then it was just a wait for Helen's train to get in. I decided to go to the station a little early to go and chase down a pork pie. It was still very warm despite the heat and the humidty is energy sapping too. I found a nice looking pie in the Market Hall in Market Harborough and walked on to the station arriving five minutes early. I thought she had missed the train as I couldn't see her but thankfully there she was right at the back. Her bag was much heavier than when she went home, and now she had two. I also had a bag as until just after I left the boat it had been throwing it down and Helen didn't have a coat. We struggled up the hill back to the basin to find another wedding party in full flow. 

After packing away stuff and a drink we descend down to town again to all the fresh stuff for a few days, and before you knew it we were flogging back up the hill to the boat. I must have walked back up that hill five or six times with full loads to fill up the boat, but we are full up for a while now.

At least I thought we were full up until our friend Chris arrived. I was shocked to see that he had come for a month, but he assures me it is just a week. He seems to have decanted his fridge and pantry into bags and then into our boat. I was surprised to find that we have found spaces for everything!

Chris's chauffeur, Anthony, had a cup of coffee and a natter and then set off home again. I think he is seriously thinking of a narrow boat holiday so maybe been aboard may convince him. It wasn't too long before we were off and heading towards Foxton. We finally moored up about a mile short in a nice quiet spot. Mind you later we could here the band from a pub in Foxton.




Our moorings for the night.

We had broached the first bottle of wine at 1805 and after stopping another saw off the curry I had prepared earlier so Helen didn't feel that she was just aboard for cooking and cleaning duties.

1 comment:

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Good man, Tony - pleased to see you are keeping up with the house boy duties in an efficient fashion! I am not sure how you have found time to do all that and blog - very impressive! Hello to Helen too, Cheers, Marilyn and David